Club Sports Policies

All club participants will be required to create an account and Sign Up on, join and be accepted to a team on imleagues, and bring a Valid ID prior to each competition.  If a player is on the roster a Drivers License will be accepted.  Each player MUST be a student enrolled at Georgia College.

Teams must first become an RSO or be an active RSO before becoming a Club Sport.  To find out how to do this call the Office of Campus Life at 478-445-1473.   After becoming an RSO the club president must meet with the Associate Director of Wellness & Recreation.  All players must register on with the club to be on the official roster.

IMLEAGUES Registration
All teams and players must register in the club section of  It is also recommended that advisors register as well.  The process is very simple:

1.  Go to
2.  Click the Blue "Club" Tab toward the left center of the page
3.  Under League, Click "Click here to Join
4.  If you see your club join it, if not, then click "create a team" and create your club so other members can join

Please note if you dont have an imleagues account you will have to create one before this process starts.


Funding / Space Reservations
Funding and space reservations will be based on the # of registered and paid members , club history, club dues, # of events and practices, game/match/tournament results, fundraising efforts, and reporting.

The members of each club sport have the primary responsibility for the financial support of their club. Funds for club activities normally come from the following sources:
1. Membership Dues
2. Fund Raising
3. Sponsorships
4. Budget allocation from the office of Recreational Sports

Once the budget is established and approved, funds may be used for the following expenses:
• Non-personal club supplies and equipment.
• Fees covering game officials.
• Maintenance and care of equipment.
• Travel to include gas, lodging, and commercial transportation costs.
• Entry fees.
• Team dues for state, regional, or national organizational membership.
• Trophies or plaques only for GCSU club members.

There are many expenses that club funds may not be used for. A partial list would include such things as:
• Scholarships, awards or gifts to other teams (including trophies, plaques, etc…)
• Operating expenses (telephones, subscriptions, salaries)
• Room service (including movies, tips, games)
• Donations
• Political Materials
• Bar Bills or alcohol related purchases
• Repairs on personal vehicles
• Long Distance charges on Hotel Bills
• Entertainment (movie tickets, amusement parks, etc.)

Accessing Allocated Funds

The preferred method of dispersing funds is through reimbursement.

In order to utilize your allocated funding, you must fill out a budget payment request form, which can be found at the Student Activities Center. In addition to the budget payment request form, you must submit a brief, but descriptive typed report that states who, what, when, and where the money was used. You must also attach all necessary documentation including, but not limited to the following:


Itemized receipt(s)
Invoice(s) showing proof of payment
Tournament flyer(s)
Copy of credit card used (with all but last 4 digits blacked out)
Copy of check used (with routing and checking account number blacked out)
Copy of bank statement showing the expense (black out all confidential information; leaving name and requested reimbursable expense visible

To ensure that your reimbursement is filled in a timely manner, please attach as many of the listed items above to the completed budget payment request form. Once all documentation is attached and all necessary signatures have been attained, you can expect the mailed reimbursement check within approximately 1-3 weeks upon submission.

In addition, your club must also be in good standing with the university to access current and future funds from the Club Sports budget, or any additional Student Activity Budget Committee (SABC) funds. To learn about what you need to do to remain in good standing, please read the Club Policies located at or on the club page at IMLeagues. Part of the procedure to remain in good standing is to submit this Club Sports Travel Form prior to all future planned trips. The report can also be located at the clubs’ IMLeagues page.

Click here to view a completed budget payment request form with key.


Teams must fill out an online travel report located at before going on a trip.  Failure to do so will result in some type of penalty which will be at the discresion of the Director of Recreational Sports.

• Trip leader will have emergency contacts for all traveling members.
• Have an emergency plan in place for the destination you are going.
• Do not leave a hospitalized person behind until a family member arrives. Designate a person to stay if needed.
• Have knowledge of weather for duration of your trip. Call destination & make safe decisions related to travel.
• Drivers and passengers are required to wear seat belts at all times when the vehicle is in motion. Make sure all persons traveling in the vehicle have seat belts on and properly adjusted before moving.
• Have a co-pilot in the front passenger seat and awake the entire time the driver is driving.
• Have a cell phone & credit card for emergencies & breakdowns.
• Don’t forget your insurance cards and ID’s

Travel Precautions
• Drivers should reduce speed in the case of inclement weather, heavy traffic, night driving, or other conditions that could increase the likelihood of accident.
• Drivers should stop or pull over, in case of Severe/Bad weather.
• Drivers should use turn signals for every turn or lane change.
• Drivers should exercise extra caution when backing-up.
• Do not drive before 6:00am and after 12:00am.
• It is recommended that a driver obtain a minimum of 8 hours sleep prior to driving on long trips.
• It is recommended that drivers stop for a break every 2 hours or 100 miles. Passengers should help keep drivers alert and watch for signs of drowsiness.

Risk Management

The University does NOT hold a blanket insurance policy on Club Sports participants. Consequently, all club members are encouraged to purchase some type of comprehensive accident-health insurance. All financial responsibility rests with the participant. Club officers should notify their members of this fact.

Medical Screening
The Office of Recreational Sports strongly recommends that all participants have a physical examination and obtain adequate health and accident insurance prior to participation to cover expenses incurred as a result of personal injury.

Prevention through Conditioning
There are several places on campus to condition yourself and your club through workouts and education. The Fitness Director can also provide a one-on-one training appointment for those interested in setting up a workout program. A comprehensive conditioning program can both enhance performance as well as prevent injury
CPR/First Aid/Blood Borne Pathogens
It is recommended that each club has at least two people (preferably all club officers) who are certified in First Aid/CPR.

Facility Inspection
All club members share responsibility for their own safety at games and practices. A detailed facility inspection should take place before all events. All hazards should be documented and avoided. Practices and games should be canceled if the safety of all participants involved cannot be guaranteed. If any hazards are found, notify the Office of RecSports ASAP

Medical Emergencies Procedures
In case of an emergency, contact emergency medical personnel immediately. If an athletic trainer is at the site or on duty, contact them immediately. If an Athletic Trainer is not on site then you should call campus police. There are "blue phones" located on campus for emergency calls. Send one person to call for help and always keep one person with the injured party to keep them calm. Provide the exact locations and facility of the injured participant. Stay on the phone with the dispatcher and know the phone number you are calling from. If an accident occurs in a gym, it is important to notify the RecSports facilities staff to call for help and to unlock the doors if transportation is needed. Our campus police does not provide medical transportation, so an ambulance will be called. The ambulance's expense is the responsibility of the injured party, only if he/she is taken in an ambulance.

Injury Forms and Reports
Accident reports must be filed in the RecSports office for ALL injuries within 24 hours. If someone is injured while participating in a Club Sport, either on or off campus, an Injury Form needs to be filed at the RecSports office with the Rec Sports Director.

How to Reserve All Facilities

Reserving space on campus is a relatively simple process. Before reserving space, we recommend that you first view the university’s R25 WebViewer which provides a real time display of all of the credit courses and nonacademic events that have been scheduled into campus facilities. The Web Viewer will enable you to see which facilities might be available for your event, and to determine if there are other events that might compete for audiences or campus support services.

To reserve campus space, simply complete the online Facility Request Form found at If you’ve never before requested a facility through R25, click on to access an easy-to-understand PowerPoint tutorial. It is recommended that all requests be submitted to Facility Reservations at least seven (7) working days prior to the date of the event.

When request forms are received by Facility Reservations, they are electronically forwarded to the appropriate building manager for review and approval or denial. The building manager will electronically notify Facility Reservations of his/her decision, and will note any special instructions that may apply to the use of the facility. Facility Reservations will then notify you electronically that the request for space has been approved or denied. Because requests require review by a building manager, please allow five (5) business days for processing. If you have service-related needs such as A/V, food, housing, moving, and/or security, please indicate your intent to secure such services on your Facility Request Form. Facility Reservations will forward this information to the appropriate service offices to give them advanced notice of your needs. You will still be responsible for making specific arrangements directly with the service units, and you will be responsible for notifying the service units if there are any changes to the original request. These offices require a minimum notice of five business days. While GCSU sponsored events are exempt from facility rental fees, campus units may be charged for the actual direct expenses incurred in support of their events. Such charges could include overtime for custodians, electricians, Public Safety officers, and other supervisory personnel, as well as purchases in support of events.

In the event the facility you requested is not available, Facility Reservations will assist you in finding another location. If you have not heard from Facility Reservations within five business days of submitting your request, call the reservation office to verify receipt of your request and to determine its status.

Please understand that your request is not approved until you receive official confirmation from Facility Reservations. Do not announce or promote your activity until you know that the space you are requesting is available and your event has been booked into the university's event management system.

If you have any questions about the facility reservation process, please call us at 2749/6542, or check out our comprehensive web site at All policies and procedures related to the nonacademic use of space can be found on that web site.

We are constantly working to improve our service. If you have suggestions to improve the process, please do not hesitate to contact us directly at x2749/6542.