Georgia College offers a program for an add-on in Library Media. Programs for the add-on are tailored for the individual student. Students are encouraged to consider a second master's degree in lieu of this add-on. Please discuss this option with an advisor.
- Hold a Master's degree from an accredited institution and be certified in an education field and at the Masters level.
- Meet minimal Grade Point Average of 2.75
- Submit a University Admissions Form including application fee, if applicable.
- Submit two professional recommendations (pdf) using the College of Education format.
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended (except GC)
- Submit verification of immunization
- Passing score on the College of Education Graduate Writing Assessment. Effective Fall 2014, a passing score on the College of Education Graduate Writing Assessment or for admission purposes, applicants to COE graduate programs may submit official scores with the following minimums in lieu of passing the Graduate Writing Assessment : GRE – 1000 (Verbal and Quantitative combined) if taken prior to August 1, 2011, or 305 (Verbal and Quantitative Combined) if taken on or after August 1, 2011. MAT – 400. Applicants who have previously earned a baccalaureate or master’s degree from Georgia College, will automatically waive the application testing requirement without the need to petition. Students who are currently enrolled in an undergraduate program at Georgia College, will have the testing requirement waived upon conferment of their baccalaureate degree.
The Graduate Writing Assessment (GWA) is waived for applicants who have previously earned a baccalaureate or master's degree from Georgia College. Students who are currently enrolled in an undergraduate program at Georgia College will have the testing requirement waived upon conferment of their baccalaureate degree.
All application materials should be sent to:
|Office of Graduate Admissions|
|Campus Box 107|
|Milledgeville, GA 31061|
|Toll Free In GA 1-800-342-0471|
A Typical Program for an Individual who has a Master of Education (M.Ed.) Degree*
- EDIT 5202 Instructional Technology for Teachers
- EDIT 6254 Operation of the Library Media Center
- EDIT 6256 Information Sources and Services in the Media Center
- EDIT 6263 Information Technologies in the Media Center
- EDIT 6268 Selection of Library Media
- EDIT 6275 Instructional Design
- EDIT 6960 Library Media Specialist Internship
- EDIT Elective- one of the three literature courses offered
*These are typical plans and will vary according to the previous coursework of the candidate.
Candidates for the Non-Degree Certification Add-On in School Library Media must be recommended by the GC Certification Officer to the Professional Standards Commission.
Dr. Diane Gregg
Ms. Shanda Brand
CBX 70 Georgia College
217A Kilpatrick Education Center
Milledgeville, GA 31061
478-445-1383 Fax: 478-445-6582
John H. Lounsbury College of Education
202A Kilpatrick Education Center | Campus Box 79
Milledgeville, GA 31061
Phone: (478) 445-7368
Fax: (478) 445-6582